Sunday, July 18, 2010

About Me

Hello again! I thought that I would take some time to tell you about me. My name is Tamara. My grandma named me. I am the middle child of 7 kids, that includes a half brother, a step brother and 2 step sisters. I am my mother's youngest and was raised as an only child. So as you can see I grew up in the average American home :). I have been married to my best friend for 13years and we have been together for 15. The first time I met my husband was in the 6th grade. But that is a whole other story! When we found each other again he was a senior in high school and I had already graduated as a junior. I had a son who was at the time 18months. You would think that would make any teenage kid run for the hills...but my son and now husband bonded instantly and when my son turned 7 my husband adopted him! In the first year of our marriage we found out I was pregnant and 6 months later my second son was born...he lived 14 hours and went home to heaven. Again that is a whole other story! After that we were blessed with 2 beautiful daughters..they made our family whole.
My passions in life are God, family, love, laughter and photography. I love the outdoors. There is no where I would rather be then out on an adventure with family and friends.
This last February I was in a car wreck. I thank God that I was by myself and no one else was on the road with me. I hit black ice and flipped my lifted truck end over end twice and ended up on my side. I walked away with a few scratches and a broken neck. It was a wake up call. It is one of those moments that make you say "hmmmm....if yesterday had been my last day here would I be proud of what I left behind" For the most part the answer would be yes! But there are those things that I have been hum~hoing around for years. The big one is photography. I have always loved taking photos. On a past family reunion I took over 500 in 4 days. I love capturing those moments when people do not think they are being watched. Or the ones of little kids when they know that they are. All pictures tell as story. I love capturing peoples stories. That is why I am embarking on the adventure of photography as my job. It is more than just something to do it is what I am passionate about. I have tons to learn but I am eager. I believe that you learn more every day. I look forward to tomorrow and every day that ends I want to be able to say that I laughed, loved, and lived passionately.....

1 comment:

  1. be greatful you have found your purpose in life, so many of us just wander, be proud...

    ReplyDelete