Sunday, September 12, 2010

True Friendship

So I have heard that September is friendship month. I have two wonderful friends that I want to share a great big thanks for being who you are.

The first is my husband. I know this sounds like such a cliche! But he is my best friend. I have known this man since he was in the 6th grade and had a mullet!! LOL. No lie I have the picture somewhere!! I had to move away in the middle of the night during my 8th grade year and never got to say goodbye to anyone. Flash forward 3 years later and I have graduated early and have a beautiful infant son. My now husband was cruising main street one night and passed me on the street. In that flash of a moment he recognized me. He pulled me over and sadly to say I had no idea who he was. But once he said his name and I looked into his eyes I knew. He did not run like most guys do when he heard that I had a son. He became my friend again instantly. We talked everyday, hung out every chance we could and easily fell into a relationship. 3 months later he got down on one knee with a 25 cent ring and asked me to marry him. I wore that ring with such pride and happiness. At the time of this post we have been together for 15 years. Through our ups and downs, believe me we have had our share, I have always known that he is my best friend. Even when we do not see eye to eye I know that he has my back and I have his.
I can fart and burp in his presence and he just laughs. He farts and burps in my presence and I tell him how gross he is.....true love huh?
He is the person I want to be like when I grow up. He is strong, funny, compassionate and fair. He stands up for what is right. Holds true to his convictions and laughs at all my stupid jokes. He holds me when I cry and sometimes will cry with me. He can look across a room and know exactly how I am feeling in a crowd. He will rub my feet when I have had a bad day even though I hate rubbing his. He is the father to my children that I wished I had growing up. He is firm but fair. He adopted my son and looks at him as his own. OUR son looks up to him and has never felt separate from him. They even look alike and talk alike. It is amazing.
He is the one that I want to take care of when we are older. I love to do little things that make him smile. It warms my heart to know that he is happy. In a couple of days is his birthday and I think that it is fitting that this is friendship month because he is my best friend. Happy birthday honey! Can't wait to celebrate many more with you!


The second person that I want to pay tribute to is one of the most amazing women I know! I have known her practically my whole life and she feels like a sister to me. I even call her mom my own. I lost touch with her for a few, like 10 years! But once we found each other again it was like we were never apart. She waited a long time to have her two beautiful children and I am blessed to be their honorary Tia Tamara! She always has something positive to say. When I am feeling down she shows me how to look on the brighter side of things. When I need to complain and gripe she listens. If someone has hurt me she is the first to jump to my side and say that she will kick their butts!
All through junior high we laughed together, had silly nicknames and shared our deepest young girls thoughts. She is honest with me. Knows my husband and loves him too. I feel at peace in her presence. I love that we can go for days without talking and pick up where we left off. She is the other half to my sister soul! She teaches me things about myself that I would probably not have figured out on my own. She loves my children as if they were hers. She is truly an amazing person and anyone would be blessed to have her in their corner. I am just one of the lucky ones. We share a past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future. I want the four of us, her husband, her, myself and my husband all in the same old folks home. I want us able to sit on a bench and laugh at our old foggie husbands and always know the comfortability that comes with being next to someone who completely accepts who you are. I want to thank her for that. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you are loved as much as you give your love! I love you much!

May my loved ones always know how much they are loved. How much I appreciate each and everyone of you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words, lady! You forgot to mention that John bit your head when you said Yes!! LOL!
    You two are a real life inspiration!

    ReplyDelete